Camp LUCK Kids Camp is a medically supervised resident camp for kids with heart disease and one sibling. It is located at Camp Cherokee, which is nestled in 7,000 beautiful acres at Kings Mountain State Park.
Kids Camp 2023 dates COMING SOON!
Our campers enjoy a wide variety of traditional and adventure programs such as swimming, hiking, athletics, canoeing, archery, dancing, rock climbing, and much more. Camp LUCK helps campers to appreciate the diversity of all people and become a part of a global community. Cabin life also plays an important role in teaching campers to be self-reliant, cooperate with others and learn to make decisions while they are away from home.
Our goal at Camp LUCK is to provide a positive experience that helps everyone reach their potential by building self-esteem, friendships, and character in a safe environment. We want our “heart kids” to be “regular kids” for a week and participate in awesome activities that they might not normally be able to do. One sibling has the opportunity to get this incredible experience as well.
Without a doubt, Camp LUCK will provide one of the most dynamic and life-changing weeks for your child. Come join in and create lasting friendships and memories!
How do I know if my child is eligible for Camp LUCK?
- All campers, “heart kids” as well as siblings, must be 7-14 years of age at the time of camp.
- Your heart kid must live in the Charlotte area and be a current patient at Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute or Asheville Cardiology Associates AND have had open heart surgery.
- Have other heart disease which the pediatric cardiologist feels causes a significant impact on the child’s life.
- Sibling is defined as the heart kids brother or sister only.
- We regret that Camp LUCK does not have the facilities or the staff to care for children with developmental disabilities or with physical disabilities unrelated to their hearts.
If you have questions about your child’s eligibility for Camp LUCK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.