Kids Camp 2024 – Dates Coming Soon!
Camp LUCK Kids Camp is a special camp for children with heart disease and siblings. Located at Camp Cherokee, nestled in 7,000 acres of beautiful land at Kings Mountain State Park, the camp provides a medically supervised environment for campers. There’s something for everyone at Camp LUCK.
Our campers enjoy a wide variety of traditional and adventure programs such as swimming, hiking, athletics, canoeing, archery, dancing, rock climbing, and much more. Camp LUCK helps campers to appreciate the diversity of all people and become a part of a global community. Cabin life also plays an important role in teaching campers to be self-reliant, cooperate with others and learn to make decisions while they are away from home.
Our goal at Camp LUCK is to provide a positive experience that helps everyone reach their potential by building self-esteem, friendships, and character in a safe environment. We want our “heart kids” to be “regular kids” for a week and participate in awesome activities that they might not normally be able to do. One sibling has the opportunity to get this incredible experience as well.
Without a doubt, Camp LUCK will provide one of the most dynamic and life-changing weeks for your child. Come join in and create lasting friendships and memories!
How do I know if my child is eligible for Camp LUCK?
- All campers, “heart kids” as well as siblings, must be 7-14 years of age at the time of camp.
- Your heart kid must be a current patient at Atrium Health Levine Children’s HEARTest Yard Congenital Heart Center, Atrium Health Brenner Children’s, Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology Charlotte, Asheville Cardiology Associates, or MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital AND have had open heart surgery.
- Have other heart disease which the pediatric cardiologist feels causes a significant impact on the child’s life.
- Sibling is defined as the heart kids brother or sister only.
- It’s important to note that Camp LUCK cannot accommodate children with developmental disabilities or physical disabilities unrelated to their hearts.
If you have questions about your child’s eligibility for Camp LUCK, please contact email@example.com.