Kids Camp 2024
Sunday, August 4th – Friday, August 9th
Kids Camp Applications Open: February 13, 2024
Camp LUCK Kids Camp is a special camp for children with heart disease and siblings. Located at Camp Cherokee, nestled in 7,000 acres of beautiful land at Kings Mountain State Park, the camp provides a medically supervised environment for campers. There’s something for everyone at Camp LUCK.
Our campers enjoy various traditional and adventure programs such as swimming, hiking, athletics, canoeing, archery, dancing, rock climbing, and much more. Camp LUCK helps campers to appreciate the diversity of all people and become a part of a global community. Cabin life also plays an important role in teaching campers to be self-reliant, cooperate with others and learn to make decisions while they are away from home.
Our goal at Camp LUCK is to provide a positive experience that helps everyone reach their potential by building self-esteem, friendships, and character in a safe environment. We want our “heart kids” to be “regular kids” for a week and participate in awesome activities they might not normally be able to do. One sibling has the opportunity to get this incredible experience as well.
Without a doubt, Camp LUCK will provide one of the most dynamic and life-changing weeks for your child. Come join in and create lasting friendships and memories!
How do I know if my child is eligible for Camp LUCK?
- Eligibility for Kids Camp: To attend, “heart kids” and their siblings must be aged 7-14 at the time of the camp.
- Criteria for “Heart Kids”: Your child must be a current patient at one of the following centers: Atrium Health Levine Children’s HEARTest Yard Congenital Heart Center, Atrium Health Brenner Children’s, Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology Charlotte, Asheville Cardiology Associates, or MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital. Additionally, they must have undergone open heart surgery.
- Other Heart Conditions: Children with other significant heart diseases are also eligible, as assessed by their pediatric cardiologist.
- Definition of Sibling: A sibling is defined exclusively as the brother or sister of the “heart kid.”
- Note on Accommodations: Camp LUCK is unable to accommodate children with developmental or physical disabilities that are not related to their heart conditions. However, please get in touch with us, and we can recommend a suitable camp for your child.
If you have questions about your child’s eligibility for Camp LUCK, please contact email@example.com.