It’s fall y’all and we are so ready for Halloween. As we continue to approach the end of the year, we are doing some final pushes towards fundraising and donations for Camp LUCK––these donations help keep Camp LUCK running smoothly and every penny helps. With Halloween right around the corner, we came up with some family-friendly fundraising ideas that you and your family can do to help out Camp LUCK during the spooky season.
Halloween Movie Night
Ready for a chill time? Grab some popcorn and get ready for a Halloween movie night. Set up your yard with a whole bunch of blankets and have a hot cider station available to guests. Charge a reasonable admission fee and invite the whole neighborhood over.
Don’t have a projector? Get one here.
How Many Pieces of Candy in the Jar?
Get a huge jar and fill it with any type of candy. Put it on your porch the night of Halloween with a sign that says, “Guess how many pieces of candy are in the candy jar and the whole jar is yours.” Give slips of paper asking for the name, number, email address, their guess, and collect those in either a separate jar or a cauldron (get creative). Charge anywhere from 25 cents to a dollar per guess of how many items are in the jar.
At the end of the night, the closest guesser wins!
Want to turn your front yard (or backyard) into the scariest place on your block? Halloween is a great time to hop on board the fright-train, so you can choose to run your Haunted House on October 31st or any day leading up to Halloween.
Get creative and start planning the following:
- What is the theme of your Haunted House? Is there a favorite Halloween movie that your kids absolutely love? Maybe your family is a fan of Hotel Transylvania or The Addams Family. Is there a spooky story your family loves to hear around Halloween? Get creative!
- What does the path of the Haunted House look like? Break out those crayons, markers and a large poster and put the whole family to work. Think about how you want the path to look. Cover the trees in your yard with fake spider webs or anything to do with Halloween
- Think some friends might want to get involved? Enlist neighbors to pretend to be monsters or goblins and act silly when guests arrive.
- Charge admission fees and have cauldrons or pumpkins around the Haunted House in case anyone wants to donate more.
Want to help out Camp LUCK but don’t have time? No worries. Feel free to donate directly here or check out some of the following:
- Facebook fundraisers are a simple way that you can get your Facebook friends to help out Camp LUCK. Go to facebook.com/fundraisers/, select Camp LUCK as the non-profit, select how much money you want to fundraise, and then click “Create.” You’ll see a screen pop-up where you can invite your friends to donate to your fundraiser, share your fundraiser in your news feed, or donate to the fundraiser yourself.
- AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com while donating 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Camp LUCK. To make sure that Camp LUCK is the beneficiary of your AmazonSmile donations, select Camp LUCK when prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations.